Sunday, May 12, 2013

The 3 Momma's of My Life

Mommy and Me, September 1987

I am extremely lucky. I was blessed with an amazing mom, a wonderful stepmom, and a fantastic grandma. Some people don't even get one of those and I got THREE! How lucky am I?

My mom and I share an incredible bond. I get my compassion, giving heart, and zest for life from her. She has not had it easy and instead of allowing it to affect how she parented us, she was (and is!) an AMAZING mom! She can do it all and I am constantly amazed at her. My brothers and I are so lucky to call her ours.

My stepmom came into my life when I was 5 years ago and has played a hand in raising me ever since. I get my mad organization/cleaning skills, sarcastic humor, and thirst to explore and adventure from her. Often times, stepmom's are believed to be or portrayed as "evil" - not mine. I am thankful for her every day.

My grandma and I are amazingly close. Despite living only 5 hours apart, we write letters to each other. I cherish her letters. My grandma was dealt some not so great cards in her life, but she charged them and moved forward. She raised 4 children and has been a part of all her grandchildren/great-grandchildren's lives. She is kind, loves God, hilarious, and loves her family. She is the glue that holds us together.

This Mother's Day, I am reminded of the strong, beautiful women around me and how much they light up my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment