Monday, May 27, 2013

Silhouette Collage

My brother just turned 18 this month and he'll be graduating high school in a week and a half (I'm still in denial). With all these changes, my mom and I decided it's probably time to re-do his room. Nothing too fancy; we're just re-arranging current furniture, buying a few new things, and changing out the decor. He'll be attending ESU for college so we thought the school colors (red and black) would be a good color scheme to work with.

Because I'm more of a crafter than a spender, I have been trying to come up with ideas of things to make for his room versus buy. I've come up with a few ideas that I'm currently in progress with and will post throughout the week. For now, my first completed project was this silhouette collage.


I think it looks great! The best part? It cost me $0!

What I did was find a free collage maker online (I used Fotor, but there are plenty of others!). I picked sports silhouettes and organized them how I wanted. I uploaded a picture of his school's logo (you can use any picture you want or even multiple pictures!). I changed the background color to red to go with the color scheme. Once I was satisfied, I saved a copy to my computer and uploaded it to Walgreens Photo online. I used Walgreens because I had a free 8x10 print, but any retailer would work (or you can print at home!). Within the hour, I picked it up from Walgreens, took it home, and put it in this old frame I already had. Voila!

Picture (created with Fotor) - $0
Printing (Walgreens coupon) - $0
Frame (already owned) - $0

That's my kind of project!

Stay tuned for more posts on other projects I am working on for my brother's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment